About Barren Island
Barren Island is not very popular with tourists due to a lack of publicity and the fact that it is an active volcano with limited access. However, due to recent events and a few eruptions here and there, this volcano has been able to express itself with boiling lava!
That's correct, this is one of the hottest parts of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands. So, if you're planning a trip to this location soon, here are some things to consider for your next vacation:
1. This island has no inhabitants and is only 3 kilometers wide.
2. The crater of this island's so-called spectacular crater is 2 kilometers wide, and the volcano's sides are 250 to 350 meters high.
3. Despite the fact that the volcano on this island has been dormant for a long time, a huge eruption occurred in 1991.
4. A similar eruption occurred in February of 2017, allowing hot lava to flow into the sea at the same time.
5. Because of its recent popularity, this island is now one of the most popular tourist destinations in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
6. With a diverse marine life on board, this island is made available for scuba diving, which is undoubtedly an experience not to be missed.
7. In 2017, it was also reported that there were some stranded goat groups on the island, which had been left behind by a passing steamboat in 1891. According to legend, the British would leave animals on various islands in case they became stranded here.
How To Reach Barren Island
You can either take a ferry or a seaplane to get to this lovely island. As the ferry travels around the island three times, you will be able to see amazing views of the island from all angles. However, the seaplane flight from Port Blair is favored since it allows you to see aerial views, which is a fascinating experience in and of itself.